JMSG has just published our third edition! We will announce the call for abstracts for the fourth edition later in 2017.
The following are encouraged:
Authors must be students pursuing an undergraduate medical degree at NUI Galway.
You will find specific instructions for each type of submission on the appropriate page. Failure to adhere to format guidelines will result in summary rejection with the option to edit and resubmit. Please email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org to be reviewed by our editorial team. You will receive a confirmation email upon submission.
All articles are reviewed by a student-led team as well as JMSG’s editorial and staff team who will identify the top submissions according to an objective scoring system. If your article is chosen to be published, you will be asked to sign a form regarding authorship, duplication of publication, and ownership of work.
JMSG will use the recommendations set forth by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) for the conduct, editing, and publication of all material.
If you have any queries about guidelines or submission, please email email@example.com.
- Each person may make multiple submissions, but only one of any type (abstract, case report, elective experience, etc.)
- Must be in English
- All submissions must be typed and follow the format of the template provided on the relevant page
- Submissions surpassing the word limit will be rejected without review (word count excludes title, authors, institutions, headings, and references)
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please title the email as follows: Type of submission (abstract/case report/elective experience/review/photo/contest) – Last name, First name
- Examples: Abstract – Doe, Jane OR Case Report – Smith, John
As per the ICMJE, authorship is based on the following four criteria:
- Substantial contributions to the conception or design of the work; or the acquisition, analysis, or interpretation of data for the work; AND
- Drafting the work or revising it critically for important intellectual content; AND
- Final approval of the version to be published; AND
- Agreement to be accountable for all aspects of the work in ensuring that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately investigated and resolved.